Monday, July 28, 2008

$1.25 - Weekend Project

I was at IKEA this weekend buying a computer table for my new printer and saw these cardboard magazine holders for $0.49 a sheet (which contained 2). I am strapped for cash these days, so I decided to make these cardboard magazine holders into decorative organizers with some simple supplies; scrapbook paper, circle punch, and rubber cement.


I cut 3.25 x 12 " strips of scrapbook paper and punched a circle punch where the cardboard magazine holder's hole would be. Then, simply glued them on.


Because these will be on my bookshelf, you won't see the side panels so the cardboard is hidden. Now I can clean up that stack of magazines off the floor! These were so easy, and at $.25 a pop plus a $.50 scrapbook paper sheet, I have myself some nice magazine holders for only $1.25!

2 comments:

lovemaryxoxo said...

How nice. Innovative and practical.

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Awesome deal! I love it when that sort of thing happens. :)